Papers on Desk at Office Conference Meeting Room

PPP004: Can I Invest My Tax Refund in an IRA and File an Amended Return?

Today reader Jeremy asked a tax question about IRAs and tax refunds. When you make Traditional IRA contributions, you can deduct that amount from your income and pay less in taxes. Jeremy asked if you can use your refund to make an IRA contribution, file an amended tax return, and get a second refund.